Who is Carla Torgerson?
Carla Torgerson has more than 15 years of experience as an instructional designer and instructional strategist. She has taught classes for ATD, the Association for Talent Development, on eLearning, mobile learning, and microlearning, across the country for the past 10 years. Her long relationship with ATD is a testament to her excellent teaching skills and outstanding participant evaluations.
Carla has consulted with numerous Fortune 500 clients including McDonalds, Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, Adobe, Express, Kellogg, University of Phoenix, Fidelity, Cargill, Medtronic, Merck, and Best Western. She has designed solutions ranging from $15,000 to more than $2 million.
She has worked as a senior instructional designer at Allen Interactions, a leader in eLearning design, and as a senior instructional strategist at Maestro, a leader in mobile learning. Currently she is a senior instructional designer and internal consultant at a large organization with more than 24,000 employees where she designs and develops training primarily focused on developing leadership skills and business acumen. She has been exploring microlearning for the past few years, and developed MILE, the MIcroLEarning Design Model©.
Carla has a Master of Education (MEd) focused in technology-based education. She also has a Master of Business Administration (MBA), which helps her to see training through a business lens. She has authored numerous blogs and articles, including a chapter in Michael Allen's 2012 e-Learning Annual.
Find out more, or connect on LinkedIn:
Publications & Presentations
- Bit by Bit (Nov, 2016) - An article in ATD's TD Magazine
- Making Microlearning Work, at Work (May 24, 2016) - Presentation at ATD ICE 2016
- Teaching Ourselves to Fish: From Vendor to In-House Solution (January 13, 2016) - Presentation at ATD TechKnowledge 2016, Co-presented with Jamie Ombry
- Go Mobile or Go Home! The Best Mobile Learning Tips & Tricks (June 2015) - Invited guest panelist at ATD Philadelphia Chapter Speaker Series (online)
- Leadership Camp: GPS Powered Collaboration (January 2015) - Presentation at ATD TechKnowledge 2015, Co-presented with Jamie Ombry
- Fail Jam (January 2015) - Invited guest at ATD TechKnowledge 2014 Session
- Starting Small With Mobile Learning (July 2014) - ATD Invited Guest Blog
- Getting Off Square One with Mobile (July 2013) - ATD Invited Guest Blog, Co-authored with Phillip Neal
- Building Your Mobile Strategy – One Decision at a Time (June, 2013) - ATD Invited Guest Blog, Co-authored with Phillip Neal
- What’s Holding Back Mobile Adoption (June, 2013) - ATD Invited Guest Blog, Co-authored with Phillip Neal
- What’s Possible with Mobile? (June, 2013) - ATD Invited Guest Blog, Co-authored with Phillip Neal
- Going Mobile: How to Design, Develop, and Implement Apps That Truly Change Performance (May 2013) - Full day preconference workshop at ATD International (ICE), Co-presented with Phillip Neal
- Going Mobile: How to Design, Develop, and Implement Apps That Truly Change Performance (January 2013) - Full day preconference workshop at ATD TechKnowledge, Co-presented with Phillip Neal
- Go Mobile. Boost Performance. Improve Results. (October 2012) - Presented at Elliott Masie's Learning 2012, Co-presented with Jen Randall
- Train, Empower, Achieve: New Thoughts in Performance Support (August 2012) - Learning Solutions Magazine, Co-authored with Phillip Neal
- Tomorrow's Solutions from Today's Visionaries (March 2012) - Invited guest panelist at Learning Solutions 2012
- LCMS: Just a Technology, Not a Strategy – A Rebuttal (2012) - A chapter in Michael Allen's 2012 e-Learning Annual